Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Valerie!


Hi, Valerie! This is a real story, which neither of us believe. While planning a day trip with the Mooney, I called ahead to the FBO and asked if I could use the crew car for a few hours. On arrival, I was greeted by a wonderful friendly lady who had a great smile who asked me to fill out the arrival form asking me for the tail number, name, phone number, etc. She handed the keys to me and asked when I would return.

A few hours later, I came back and she was still smiling. But, that was when she started to ask questions, lots of questions. At first, I thought "Oh, my God, not ANOTHER paternity suit!" Thankfully, it was not that problem. After seeing my name, Valerie determined we had probably known each other from High School. Her incisive questioning verified her suspicions after I quietly answered "Yes" to attending the High School, growing up in the area, and being a close friend to Jay, her boyfriend and finally recognizing her!

I was so surprised! I could not believe that I would run into anyone I would remotely know, especially in this circumstance. In High School, I had a few really good friends. Almost all of us had steady girl friends as Seniors, but Valerie and Jay were probably the best know item around our school. Valerie was just about the prettiest girl we had ever seen in real life. Jay intended to go to Vetrinary School after attending Cornell. It sounded pretty nice.

After catching up a bit, Valerie informed me the relationship did not last and finally they went their separate ways. She has a family of her own now and Jay moved to San Diego. I told her, that I had not seen or heard from Jay in a long time. Jay, I know you are out there somewhere. Buddy, as I see it, you made two big mistakes in your life. The first was not going to Vet school. Had you gone, you could be doing doggie cataracts and right now you would be owning that King Air which Valerie is standing next to. The second mistake was Valerie. The photo says it all.

I look forward to stopping by the FBO whenever I can to catch up on more news from Valerie. She is a great person and how nice it is to actually know the person at the desk hundred of miles from home.

Thank you again for being so nice to me.

No comments: